Becky's Reviews > Blameless

Blameless by Gail Carriger

Nov 14, 10

bookshelves: fantasy, historical-fiction, mystery-and-thrillers, owned, romance-y, vampires, 2010, reviewed
Read from November 06 to 14, 2010 — I own a copy

Well... Finally finished with this one. Goodness, over a week to read one 350 page book. Bah!! This one just seemed very draggy in all of the places that did not involve the Woolsey pack or the London hives or the drama and intrigue in and amongst the two.

I find the Templars, in real life, very interesting, so I was very disappointed by the way that they were depicted here. My gosh, their whole storyline was like a trip to Snoozeville. I didn't find them threatening at all, even though they were described as being well trained and soldierly and whatnot. I rooted for Alexia to escape Florence simply because they were boring and useless not because I really felt any concern at her plight - aside from the lack of luxurious accommodations, that is.

Professor Lyall continues to remain one of my favorite characters, and I really just want to give him a hug. He is very very put upon and long suffering, but remains loyal and steadfast and awesome nonetheless.

I thought that Maccon was let off FAR to easily for his actions, but I live with a boy, and I know full well how difficult it is to keep them on topic long enough to properly yell at them. Poor Alexia.

Anyway... Looking forward to the 4th book in the series this summer. Hopefully that one will be less filler (Templars!) and more substance. Still a fun book, and I did enjoy it, but just not nearly as much as the first two.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blameless.

11/06/2010 page 1