BritishWotsit's Reviews > The Dead

The Dead by Charlie Higson

Nov 09, 10

Read from November 06 to 09, 2010

I loved this book. Pulled me in from the first page and didnt let go.

My most favourite aspect of this book, is the way it is written. I think Charlie Higson is making his way up there in my favourite authors. His writing is sharp and breath-taking at times, and sad or tense at others.

The way the characters develop is also fantastic in this book, as it was in the first. There are alot of deaths, which make the book even more tense knowing that it is more than likely that your favourite character would die. It got to the point where i was hoping ang hoping Edd and Jack wouldnt die. You'd have to read the book to find out 'cause im givin' away no spoilers.
Its also pretty interesting where the few characters overlap from the first book (as i think this book is set about a year before the first). Im just a bit upset that maxie, Blue or Achilleus (i think thats how you spell it) weren't in this book. :(

Overall, a gripping, breath-taking book with an interesting and exciting plot. If your scared of gore or generaly creepy things, then maybe you might want to avoid it. Although it is brilliant, so if you do, your mad.

4.5 out of 5, and eagerly awaiting the next book! ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dead.

11/06/2010 page 300