Amanda's Reviews > Simply Irresistible

Simply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis

Nov 06, 2010

bookshelves: jill-shalvis
Read in January, 2012

This is the Second Series by Jill Shalvis and again she doesn't disappoint, with a writing style unique to herself that can't be beat. She has delivered a story so tremendously cute, funny, steamy, and heart gripping that I feel compelled to recommend it to everyone. I have read in several reviews that the reader had a goofy grin on their face almost the entire book; I'm no exception to that. I couldn't stop myself, this book literally made me happy.

First you have the characters so well written and, I felt the communication, and relationships between all of them; specially the sisters, truthful and exactly right. Maddies character was particularly easy to love. What woman no matter her size hasn't felt like a mouse? I loved her perseverance and her openness. Then there is Jax who with those sexy tattoos and big loving heart seemed to know exactly how to make Maddie feel important and seen. He did keep secrets from her for too long but, once he came out with them he owned them. His honesty earned her heart and mine for her. I also really liked Ford and Tara the whole book had me dying to know just what had happened there. Then you have Sawyer ad Chloe, what can you possibly say about them except I know their pages will burn fingers to touch.

I have to mention I adored the growing relationship between the sisters. They were so different but found a way to love each other and it touch my heart the way they began to lean on each other and trust one another.

Even the minor characters made me love them; they were all so greatly written and supported the story perfectly. I wouldn't mind finding a Lucky Harbor of my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Simply Irresistible.

01/20/2012 page 311