Brian's Reviews > Full Dark, No Stars

Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King

Nov 06, 2010

bookshelves: dark, horror, read-in-2010
Read from November 23 to December 04, 2010

This was a wonderful set of short stories. By far my favorite was the last story "A Good Marriage" but a very close runner up was "1922". While reading King I often wonder how close his perception of mental illness is. If it is close how did he develop it?

If you are a fan of King's you will not be disappointed with this book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Full Dark, No Stars.

11/24/2010
11/29/2010
32.0% "I will give it to King...he can craft some believable characters"
11/29/2010
41.0% "Finished with the first story and starting the second now."
12/01/2010
67.0% "I wonder if King either knows someone with schizophrenia or has it himself?"
12/03/2010
84.0% "Finished the third story and now halfway into the fourth. VERY suspenseful!"
show 1 hidden update…

Hildur Nice!
Please write a review when you're done, I'm really curious about this one.

Brian I will. I am about 10% into the book now and it is pretty good. Not as fast paced as City of the Dead but still interesting.

Brian I have read two of the stories and I think that you would like it. It is a little predictable and I can think of an ending I would like more for the first story (i will tell it to you after you read it) but the characters are so well written. I believe that they are real.

Hildur Nice to hear! I'll definitely read it sometime after the holidays. Once it comes in paperback or I'll have it on the kindle.

Bylgja Valtýsdóttir It gave me terrible dreams, specially the first story 1922