Sarra Cannon's Reviews > Confessions of a Shopaholic

Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

Jul 26, 11

** spoiler alert ** I have to be honest. This book frustrated the crap out of me. The main character is dumb to the point I was rolling my eyes. Yes, I finished the book, but it had a completely predictable ending. What made me angry, I think, is the fact that this woman writes about finance but is in so much financial trouble, it's horrifying. In my opinion, Kinsella went overboard with it. She passed up funny and ironic and went straight to moronic. Who seriously stuffs all their credit card bills into a drawer and thinks that because they're hidden, they don't have to pay them? Yet, the MC's behavior isn't punished. No, in the end, she's wildly successful and in love with one of the richest men in the city. The writing is good, but seriously? The character was maddening. I like the movie much better than the book, so if you want my advice, rent the movie and skip the novel. (And I almost NEVER say that!)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Confessions of a Shopaholic.