Jamie's Reviews > Hallowed

Hallowed by Cynthia Hand

Mar 01, 13

bookshelves: books-i-own, angels, e-books, kindle, paranormal-romance, ya, won
Read from February 19 to 28, 2013

I LOVED Unearthly. So when Hallowed came out I was really looking forward to reading it. I mean I loved Tucker and Clara's relationship. But then I started reading and was somewhat disappointed with the story. Don't get me wrong there were parts I loved but for the most part it was just ok for me.

The second book in a series is usually one that drives me crazy. This one did that. I mean why do authors always mess with a good relationship? In Hallowed Clara has to face a lot of challenges. She finds things out about her family that I was even shocked to discover. She thinks that there is more to her purpose and then there is Samjeeza. I have mixed feeling about him. We meet a lot of new characters and learn more about some of the characters from Unearthly.

I felt the struggles between how Clara felt about Tucker and doing what she feels is right. Then there is Christian, who I wasn't sure about in the last one. I mean I liked him but I was all Team Tucker. But this time around I really started to like him and am starting to think that maybe he is the better choice for Clara. I can over look some of the stupid selfish things that he does in this one. The way he is there for Clara at her most vulnerable times just melts my heart.

There is suspense, action, heartbreak and a love triangle is forming. The ending is kinda crazy, I was like WHAT when we learn what Jeffery did. Yeah there are things I liked and things I didn't in this story. Overall I give it 3 stars. I will being reading Boundless because I have to know what happens.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hallowed.