Lady Rogue's Reviews > Haunted by Your Touch

Haunted by Your Touch by Jeaniene Frost

F_50x66
Nov 06, 10

** spoiler alert ** Night's Darkest Embrace by Jeaniene Frost
Half breed Mara never stopped searching for the purebloods, who took her cousin, Gloria from Nocturna seven years ago. While she searches, she gets help from Rafael. But, as the sexual tension grows, will her trust?

This was not what I expected. I think, I expected this to be a side book from one of her vampire series. I really enjoyed this Novella. It might have been short, but it felt complete with a interesting and intriguing plot, engaging characters, and a fast pace. Half of me thinks, this would make a cool new series, the other half thinks, that this was the ideal short story...complete with beginning, middle and end. Either way, it was well done and a fun read.

Mated by Shayla Black
Raiden believes he doesn't have what it takes to be mated. He doesn't believe he could commit and he doesn't believe, he would be alive long enough for it to matter. But, the mother of his child was missing, her home burned to the ground, and her family all dead. When he discovered Tabitha was alive and that she had something Matthias wanted, he began to struggle with letting her mate with someone else to keep her safe or keeping her.

This was a good story. While it could be a stand alone, I think it would be more prudent to read the series. It will go a long way in explaining the Brethern and Matthias. Personally, I wouldn't have put up with all that Tabitha did. Although, he did appear to love her and wanted what was best for her, I personally prefer a man who loves me and is sure of himself, especially one complaining of commitment issues.

Darkest Temptation by Sharie Kohler
This was a simple and quick novella, about the bait becoming the prey. After a girls night out goes horriably wrong, her friends are massacred and she is left bitten, Lily searches for the alpha she believes in resposible. She is led to believe that if she doesn't kill the alpha, then she will become a werewolf before the next full moon. She sets her self up as bait for Luc, who she has been told is the alpha. When she learns that Luc is not her alpha, he offers to help her and during thier time, they fall in love.

This was a good novella. While I liked the premise of the story, I felt it was a bit dull. I think there could have been more action, perhaps intrigue...For some reason, it feels like it was done before.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Haunted by Your Touch.