Natalie's Reviews > Genghis: Birth of an Empire

Genghis by Conn Iggulden

Jan 10, 11

bookshelves: historical-fiction, asia
Read from January 08 to 10, 2011

A perfect storm of action, adventure, betrayal, and revenge.

My favorite quote from the book:

"Courage cannot be left like bones in a bag. It must be brought out and shown the light again and again, growing stronger each time. If you think it will keep for the times you need it, you are wrong. It is like any other part of your strength. If you ignore it, the bag will be empty when you need it most. "

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Genghis.

Quotes Natalie Liked

Conn Iggulden
“Courage cannot be left like bones in a bag. It must be brought out and shown the light again and again, growing stronger each time. If you think it will keep for the times you need it, you are wrong. It is like any other part of your strength. If you ignore it, the bag will be empty when you need it most.”
Conn Iggulden, Genghis: Birth of an Empire

01/08/2011 page 62
10.0% ""Courage cannot be left like bones in a bag. Itmust be brought out to and shown the light again and again, growing stronger each time. If you think it will keep for the times you need it, you are wrong. It is like any other part of your strength. If you ignore it, the bag will be empty when you need it most. ""
01/08/2011 page 82
14.0% "I watched Mongol not too long ago, and want to see Two Horses of Genghis Khan too. I also read about Mickey Rourke being cast to play Genghis Khan in New John Milius Film -because he likes dogs and says he rides a horse better than he drives a car. I've never driven w/Rourke so I'll keep my opinion about that too myself and wait for the movie to weigh in!"
01/09/2011 page 262
44.0% "a story that's keeping me reading!"