Iyah's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

Jul 08, 11

bookshelves: awesomazing

Say, Harry Potter is not a movie or a series. Say, it's all real and you're part of that magical world.
Say, Cedric Diggory was your boyfriend, and Voldemort killed him. Or if your a guy, Moaning Myrtle was your girlfriend and Tom Riddle set a Basilisk on her.
You'll hope that DA would win over the Dark Side, and that Harry gets to punish all the Death Eaters with a hundred Cruciatus Curse-for each Death Eater that is- won't you?
You'll dream for the day that you'll get to see Bellatrix and Lucius choose Killing curse just because they can't take anymore Cruciatus curse.
You're so angry you wanted to kill them yourself. You want to avenge Dumbledore's death.

But on your way to Hogsmeade you came across this....

.....
....
...

[image error]
Oh no!! After all these years they aren't enemies at all! They've been friends all along. All these years of believing they loathed each other. All these years and Voldemort has got a nose all along.

Well Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is something like this.

All those years of waiting for that Epic epic finale, you get 2 paragraphs of a fight between Voldemort and Harry. I was expecting Harry would use the killing curse at least. But he didn't. The upside though is he used Cruciatus Curse on the Carrows. HAH!!!!! Ooohh I loved that part. Makes me swell with happiness.

I don't mind that J.K killed awful lot of characters,(Although I'd be happy to exchange Cho Chang for Fred) I think it was needed to show that the war was indeed gruesome. Because to NOT kill a lot of characters will make DH a wizarding and early version of Breaking Dawn. Where all the characters lived to tell the tale. No, that would be too painfully idealistic. Idealism is not in any way J.K's way of writing. If Harry Potter was too perfect to the point of unreal-ism, then it wouldn't have been the best selling series of all times.

I didn't like the ending so much. But the whole book was so great, still epic. Kept me on the edge of my seat. It would hurt me if I give HP less than five stars, and honestly it doesn't deserve anything less than 5 stars. Hell I would even give it a million stars if I could.

Quotes Iyah Liked

J.K. Rowling
“Cinderella? Snow White? What's that? An illness?”
J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by K.D. (new)

K.D. Absolutely I saw HP7 Part 1 yesterday, Iyah. Very nice. Your review is as nice as the movie too because of that picture!

Iyah Thanks! =]

I haven't seen the movie yet. My friends said that they still removed a lot of parts from the book. Which is not what you'd expect from a movie cut in two parts. I was thinking maybe now that they're making it in two movies, they'd have more time and remove less scenes from the book.

Joyzi Aaaaaaw cute pic^^

Iyah Joyzi wrote: "Aaaaaaw cute pic^^"

i know right. I loved that pic. I just wish that Lucius was in there too.

Mark Almighty I agree :] They killed too many people in HP7 :| But yeah, it's still one of the books ever. :P

Iyah Mark wrote: "I agree :] They killed too many people in HP7 :| But yeah, it's still one of the books ever. :P"

I really don't mind if a lot of characters where killed.
When I was reading Half Blood Prince I was already bracing myself for that. Haha.

Best book. Best series. =]

message 7: by Em (new) - rated it 5 stars

Em Totally agree with u

Iyah Emyloober wrote: "Totally agree with u"

Oh thank you! :)

message 9: by Annabel (new)

Annabel Thompson I thought the whole point was that Harry wasn't the Killing Curse type of guy. They're called Unforgivables for a reason.

message 10: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Stanton About the Killing Curses, I totally agree with you. The reason he may not of used it is because of what happened to his parents. He's a 17 year old. He's not mentally ready to kill someone yet. Sure, he may think he can do it, but I think Harry was just a little bit too afraid to use any killing curses.