Christy Stewart's Reviews > The Egg Said Nothing

The Egg Said Nothing by Caris O'Malley

Nov 05, 10

bookshelves: bizarro, contemporary, cult-fiction, fantasy, indie-writers, paranormal, speculative-fiction, urban-fantasy, reviewed
Read on November 05, 2010 — I own a copy

As I was reading this book I got a call from a friend who asked what I was doing and I said "Reading a book about a guy who lays an egg" and she said "Oh, no." That's a good sign for a bizarro book.

The story itself is pretty charming and steers itself away from being convoluted and so I believe the author might be able to do something with the right story, but this wasn't it. It was just too many misses and not enough hits.

A lot of unimportant things happen that is pretty frustrating in a novella of this size but the fact that there is a tiny summery of the upcoming chapter under each chapter header makes reading the book all but useless.

The dialogue is completely normal to totally awkward, such as, "Hey, you stupid fuck, apologize for frightening me so."
9 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Egg Said Nothing.

message 1: by Caris (new)

Caris Thanks for the criticism. It's helpful.

message 2: by David (new)

David Oooh. I love reviewer-author confrontations.

But this one's a real disappointment.

message 3: by Caris (new)

Caris Um....fuck you, Christy?

Michael FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

Christy Stewart Fuck you, Michael.

Michael That's a good start, Christy. Now, aim it at Caris, and we can get some venomous bickering literary debate goin'.

message 7: by Mariel (new)

Mariel Is this a standalone volume or was there a chicken as a sequel or prequel?

message 8: by Caris (new)

Caris Fuck you, Michael.

message 9: by Caris (new)

Caris Mariel wrote: "Is this a standalone volume or was there a chicken as a sequel or prequel?"

Very standalone.

message 10: by Mykle (new) - added it

Mykle hey! I heard that each of you recently said something snotty and untrue about the other to members of your respective entourages, while getting out of your respective limousines in front of your respective trendy discotheques. any truth to this?

(fight! fight! fight!)

Jasmine I don't think anything in arizona is trendy

Michael I don't think anything in arizona is trendy

Them's fightin' words, Jasmine. Caris, did you hear what she said about your state?

Jasmine Michael wrote: "

BTW, Christy, I think you're alright. Despite the mean things C..."

they weren't personal, we all know he hates all books.

Christy Stewart Michael wrote: "BTW, Christy, I think you're alright. Despite the mean things Caris says when you aren't around."

No worries. It's nothing compared to the things he thinks about you while he touches himself.

message 15: by Caris (last edited Nov 07, 2010 10:39AM) (new)

Caris Jasmine wrote: "I don't think anything in arizona is trendy"

Have you ever heard of ASU? We've got gals in furry boots in the summer time.

Christy wrote: "No worries. It's nothing compared to the things he thinks about you while he to..."

Michael's usually present for that, but he really doesn't know what I'm thinking...

Jasmine Caris wrote: "Jasmine wrote: "I don't think anything in arizona is trendy"

Have you ever heard of ASU? We've got gals in furry boots in the summer time.

Christy wrote: "No worries. It's nothing compared to th..."

No wai!!
You've got furries?? that's so trendy