Love's Reviews > Death Scenes: A Homicide Detective's Scrapbook

Death Scenes by Sean Tejaratchi

Nov 24, 10

Read in November, 2010

This is not a book for the weak stomached kind. It's no worse then some true crimes with pictures. I really felt for the detective who compiled all these pictures for his scrapbook. In the book I got the impression some people might have found this sick on his part. I go along with Katherine Dunn on that Detective Jack Huddleston wanted people to see what he saw, feel his pain. Pictures leave out so much the officers see on a daily basis. The smells, the 3D real life image of these people who have just passed away. I would say this book made me feel more insight of what we should feel for our Police Officers, Fire Fighters, EMT & Doctors. I can honestly say I have always valued these people but even more so now. The only thin that left me wondering was ......Did Detective Huddleston's wife and or children ever see this and feel ashamed of him for attaining these pictures? My son is going to e a Police Officer it has been his dream since he was little..This makes me worry for him. These pictures being from 1920's - 1950's....are grusome yes but unfortunaly mankind has found even sicker ways of treating each other.So in 3 years when he is a cop..what's it going to be like for him? Thank you Katherine Dunn and Sean Tejaratchi for compiling this into a book we can all learn from. Was a 10 star book in my eyes.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death Scenes.