Paul Bryant's Reviews > The Comedy of Errors

The Comedy of Errors by William Shakespeare

Nov 06, 10

bookshelves: you-call-that-art
Read in December, 1982

So I was having dinner with Garry Kasparov and there was a check tablecloth. It took him two hours to pass me the salt.

So I said "Do you want a game of Darts?", he said "OK then", I said "Nearest to bull starts". He said "Baa", I said "Moo", he said "You're closest".

So I went down the local supermarket, I said "I want to make a complaint, this vinegar's got lumps in it", he said "Those are pickled onions".

I saw this bloke chatting up a cheetah, I thought "he's trying to pull a fast one".

But I'm in great mood tonight because the other day I entered a competition and I won a years supply of Marmite......... one jar.

So I rang up British Telecom, I said "I want to report a nuisance caller", he said "Not you again".

So I was in Tesco's and I saw this man and woman wrapped in a barcode. I said "Are you two an item?".

Four fonts walk into a bar The barman says "Oi - get out! We don't want your type in here".

A jump-lead walks into a bar. The barman says "I'll serve you, but don't start anything".

A priest, a rabbi and a vicar walk into a bar. The barman says, "Is this some kind of joke?".

A sandwich walks into a bar. The barman says "Sorry we don't serve food in here".

A seal walks into a club...

A man walks into a bar with a roll of tarmac under his arm and says: "Pint please, and one for the road.".

I saw a woman wearing a sweatshirt with 'Guess' on it. I said, 'Thyroid problem?'

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bike. Then I realised that The Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked him to forgive me.

I was doing some decorating, so I got out my step-ladder. I don't get on with my real ladder.

I saw six men kicking and punching the mother-in-law. My neighbour said 'Are you going to help?' I said 'No, Six should be enough."

If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Comedy of Errors.

Comments (showing 1-7)

dateUp arrow    newest »

notgettingenough I'm voting for the chess, okay? You put chess in your review, I vote for it.

message 6: by David (new)

David Cerruti I thought Goodreads was about books. Somehow chess keeps butting in. Speaking of chess and books, here’s an event for both, this Sunday at Barnes & Noble, 86th & Lexington Ave, NYC.

Chess champion Garry Kasparov pays us a visit for the release of the fourth volume of his 'Garry Kasparov on Modern Chess' series, which details the matches Kasparov played against Anatoly Karpov, including their fifth World Championship match from 1990.

Paul Bryant That's hilarious.

message 4: by Don Incognito (new)

Don Incognito Your jokes are hilarious, but I was looking for some sort of information on The Comedy of Errors.

Kelly Don Incognito: imagine the same sort of jokes but with more mistaken identity and less funny.

Davis Goodman Ironic irony ironing the ironical ironinous ironicity. Almost as boring as Shakespeare.

midnightfaerie lol! I'm only a little way into this one, but this describes it perfectly! I'm not that impressed with it either!