Erin Germain's Reviews > The Mischief of the Mistletoe

The Mischief of the Mistletoe by Lauren Willig

Feb 11, 13

bookshelves: fiction, historical-fiction, historical-romance, regency, romance, 2011-reads, three-stars, 2013-reads
Read from February 10, 2011 to February 10, 2013

2/14/11: Decent story. Willig described it as Night Jasmine turned inside out, and, at least at the end, it was. Most of the story takes place totally independent of previous characters, except for Turnip Fitzhugh, of course, who comes off as a much more approachable hero than any of the others. As a supporting character, he was pretty much a good-hearted bumbler. Here, he is a sweet, kind, concerned man. Still a bit of a bumbler, but it makes sense. Arabella appears to be Willig's attempt at creating an Austenesque heroine. For the most part, she succeeds.

2/10/13: I think I like this better the second time around. Still wish there had been something of Eloise and Colin, but I got a lot of enjoyment out of seeing Turnip developed into a full-blown character.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mischief of the Mistletoe.

02/12/2011 "Just a couple of things, so far: the heroine is dearest friends with Jane Austen. I'm sure Miss Austen had good friends, but really? Do we have to pull her into something like this? The other, which actually irks me a bit more, is that there seems to be nothing of the modern-day romance of Eloise and Colin. Boo."