Christina Catalano's Reviews > A Little Bit Wicked: Life, Love, and Faith in Stages

A Little Bit Wicked by Kristin Chenoweth

F 50x66
Nov 05, 2010

bookshelves: reviewed-books

My platonic-super-long-distance-one-sided love affair with Kristin Chenoweth started back in high school with the opening of the musical Wicked. I was enchanted by the story, the sets, the costumes, the fantastic lighting, but most of all the music. And not just the music, oh no, the voices. Those gorgeous voices that carried melodies with grace and danced their way into my heart. Being the theatre dork that I was (and still am), I was already familiar with Idina Menzel, but what really blew me away was the booming voice of Miss Chenoweth. I bought the soundtrack to the musical, listened to it religiously and watched as Kristin's career took off. I loved her in Pushing Daisies, I loved her cameo on Glee and when I saw this book sitting in Barnes and Noble I knew I had to buy it. One thing is certain: Kirstin Chenoweth does not disappoint.

Joni Rogers' writing beautifully captures Kristin's voice and while I read it was like the tiny start was sitting right in front of me. For a fan of everything Broadway, it was nice to see what goes on behind the curtain and it was fascinating to hear Kristin's story. She is surprisingly religious, Kristin's faith is very important to her and this is definitely portrayed in the book. However, it really did not put me off in the least. Kristin doesn't preach so don't let be the deciding factor of whether or not you want to read this book. Her faith plays an important role in her life and her story would not be complete without it being present in her book.

If you like musicals and plays and want a different perspective of Broadway, this is the book for you.
If you want a fun read, pick this up.
If you too have been enchanted by this wonderful woman, I have no idea why you haven't read this yet.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Little Bit Wicked.