Linda Day's Reviews > Keeping Faith

Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult

F_50x66
Nov 04, 10

Read in November, 2010

Let's see ... what did I think ? First, let me say that I appreciate my friend Kristin who reads faster than the wind for making a recommendation for this Picoult novel. I personally find Picoult very undependable as an author. Kristin said this one was worth my time. It was, but was not up there with Plain Truth nor My Sister's Keeper, but neither was it waxing the bottom like The Pact.

Had I known a bit more about Catholicism I might have understood better the basic premise which was that Faith (the child's name) is the victim of a nasty divorce and as such begins conversations w/God. Faith describes God as a woman; Faith heals folks, and in fact, brings her Grandmother back from the dead. Faith is not a Catholic ... her parents are Jewish (Mother) and Episcopalian (Father). Her Father is also an adulterer, and her Mother has suffered a nervous breakdown and been placed in a mental facility for a period of time. And the beat goes on.

I enjoyed the courtroom scenes, some of the hospital scenes, none of the exploitation of Faith scenes, but overall ... liked it. Is that possible ?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Keeping Faith.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rosemary (new)

Rosemary Are we reading her again? I had given up on her for a while. I had hated the last couple of hers. Is this worth it?