Jody's Reviews > Private Parts

Private Parts by Tori Carrington

Nov 26, 10

Read from November 04 to 06, 2010

Troy Metaxas feels responsible for the dark economic shadow hanging over his hometown. A business deal that would have saved the town's main form of employment fell through after his brother ran off with the financier's bride. So Troy is on a mission to make this new plan for a family business work out even though it means working with the enemy.

Kendall Banks roars into town as the legal representative for Philippidis, the man who's tried to cheat the Metaxas family before but is now their last hope for financing. She immediately catches the eye of Troy which works perfectly for her since she'd like to show him how to loosen up. Even though Troy knows it's inappropriate, they soon start a secretive and steamy relationship that makes both of them wonder if their futures are with each other.

But just when Troy thinks his business plan is about to succeed, Kendall makes the ultimate choice between love and family that puts their newfound love to the test. Will Troy be able to forgive her decision and forgive himself for not succeeding? And when the entire town is put in jeopardy will those things really matter?

This is a fast-paced story that is the final book in the Private Scandals series and reintroduces us to the Metaxas family. Troy is the younger son and full of guilt that his family's actions have led to his town's hardships and he's become obsessed with making things right. It's led him to be concerned only with work. This made him appear very serious and it was nice seeing him come out of his shell with Kendall. Every one of his actions were believable and made me admire him. He's the perfect hero in my opinion.

I wish Kendall were more worthy of him though. The ultimate betrayal she commits is one that I know I could never forgive. I like that she brings out Troy's wild side and their interactions are hot, but I still find her a bit unlikable. Along with my problems regarding Kendall, I also find the incident that befalls the town to be a bit laughable and an overly easy way to bring people together. It felt artificial to me and dimmed my enjoyment of the book as a whole.

At the end of the day though, I recommend this book. Even though I was a bit disappointed by the heroine's actions and felt some of the dramatic moments were a bit forced, Troy Metaxas won me over. He's a true hero and a character that I enjoyed wholeheartedly.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Private Parts.