Kereesa's Reviews > Vampire Knight, Vol. 13

Vampire Knight, Vol. 13 by Matsuri Hino

With a new enemy, more secrets that Kaname has hidden, and a meeting between the two people who can't seem to be together yet can't stay apart, volume 13 of the Vampire Knight manga series moves quickly, and picks up the pace compared to the slower 11th and 12th volumes.

I was really, really impressed and thankful when I was reading this volume. Why? Because it wasn't the slow, agonizing let's-talk-about-our-feelings-again-redundantly build-up I suffered through in the last two volumes that almost made me drop the series. Thankfully, in this volume stuff started to actually happen for one, and THERE WAS YUKI AND ZERO INTERACTION.

OMG *FANGIRLING* OMG

Besides the obvious happiness I felt over the Y/Z interaction, which was really well done, and really created great tension and just URG! I can't explain it, other than YES! MORE PLZ!, (woah that made no sense), there was also this really good stuff going on with Kaname that's pushing the series in terms of its overall political plot. Which really is what need to go down. Oh, I can't wait till Hino brings in the big guns, and reveals to us the BIG BIG plot of this series.

The art was, as always, fabulous, though I did find a few of Zero's faces a bit odd looking :S

All in all, this was a SUPREMELY better volume in the VK series, filled with romantic tension, and political fun stuff that really, really made the fangirl and real girl inside of me happy and excited to read the next one. 4.5/5

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire Knight, Vol. 13.