Patrick's Reviews > A Thousand Cuts

A Thousand Cuts by Simon Lelic

Nov 05, 10

Read in November, 2010

** spoiler alert ** What we got here is a vicious school shooting by a teacher and after reading of the students that bullied the repressed teacher of history, I wish that he would have brought more ammo to school. It brings back memories of my own high school years and the bullying students whose mothers should have been forced fed morning after pills while pregnant with them. Even a gym teacher gets into the act, laughing at the fellow victimized teacher and even having sex with the teacher's ex girlfriend. The ultimate douchebag scene came when the gym teacher shows up at a students/teachers match with a soccer uniform with Beckham's number and name, and four other teachers show up in the same shirt as the gym teacher. God, it makes me want to shut up that jock teacher with a sledgehammer.

Running parellel to the shooting is the investigation in which the female detective is subjected to the sexual harassment from the loathesome male detective who makes the worst commments. It is a harrowing tale of vile behaviors that keep the pages turning.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Thousand Cuts.