Stephanie's Reviews > Last Sacrifice

Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead

Oct 16, 11

bookshelves: fiction, nook, paranormal, read-2011, scifi-fantasy, young-adult, vampires
Read from September 08 to October 15, 2011

I was a bit disappointed with this book. Maybe my expectations were higher than they should have been for it, I don't know. I also don't think that I should have ended this series with dislike for Rose, but I did.

I think the growth that Rose experienced within the series did not really end how it should have. She attempted to grow up, but I still saw a lot of immaturity in her, like she was trying to hard.

This particular installment of the story seemed to drag on and on and on. Then at the end, I saw Mead setting us up for the spin off series, which I didn't really appreciate. It makes me view Bloodlines not so much as a spin off, but as a continuation of the same story, but that Mead was sick of using Rose just as much as I was sick of reading from her point of view.

Then there were the story errors that were apparent once again in this book like they were in the others. Minor, but there.

I'm looking forward to Bloodlines solely because the characters that it revolves around are actually my favority characters from this series. Adrian deserves so much more than what Mead has given him so far.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Sacrifice.

Quotes Stephanie Liked

Richelle Mead
“Rose, I'm an addict with no work ethic who is likely going to go insane. I'm not like you. I'm not a super-hero."
"Not yet," I said.”