Susie's Reviews > Crown of Crystal Flame

Crown of Crystal Flame by C.L. Wilson

Nov 04, 10

Read in November, 2010

** spoiler alert ** I finished the book yesterday and allowed myself a whole day to digest it. But before I begin my review, there's something you should know about me. I love and need spoilers. Yes, I'm THAT person. The type who skips to the end to see who made and who didn't in order to mentally prepare myself for that outcome or decide not to read the book at all.

Anyways, as I'm reading the book, I thought King Dorian would make it b/c I saw his name towards the end. To my horror, I forgot that his son is also named Dorian. Even though I didn't connect much with him and Annoura in the previous books, I was floored by his death. In one quick scene, he's done. I despised reading about Annoura and Dorian in the previous books, but in this one, I understood them more and their story pulled at my heartstrings. Dorian's death and the effects of his death was incredibly sad and depressing. It was a rain cloud over my head the entire time I finished the book. :(

Even though almost everyone's story was completed, there are areas where I wish Lewis would have expanded on or did different. Those are:

Shan + Elfeya: They spent almost 1,000 years being tortured. I wanted to see more redemption, scenes with their daughter, and just them in general. I felt a bit cheated.

Ellysetta's badassery: I wish we would have seen some of Ellysetta's kick ass power after she accepts all of who she is. I mean, it's great that her and Rain were able to become one big Tairen, but I felt cheated in this area too.

But overall, I was satisfied with this book. I hope she revisits these characters in future books b/c I sensed a spin-off (Gaelen and Melliandra).
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crown of Crystal Flame.