Darya Conmigo's Reviews > Midnight's Children

Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie

Dec 07, 10

bookshelves: india, i-think-it-s-funny, contemporary, 2010, the-library-treasures
Read from November 04 to December 06, 2010

Was it totally, utterly, ridiculously unreadable at times? Did it take me forever to finish? But also, I must ask this, did I enjoy it? Answers: it was. It did. I did.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist poking a little fun at the narrator/protagonist. Which doesn't make the last statement any less true. I like my books just like this, with a little twist. And I like it when the author finds an elegant way of including the process of writing the book - and reading it! now, that's an advanced level - into the plot.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Midnight's Children.

11/11/2010 "Yay! After reading it from the screen for a few days, I've got a paper copy in English! And it has a beautiful cover, too. Can't wait for the weekend to read it."
11/15/2010 "Alod. That's how Salman Rushdie should be read. Also, is it just me or is there really a lot of Toni Morrison in this book?"
11/15/2010 "I'm reading Midnight's Children: Aloud. That's how Salman Rushdie should be read. Also, is it just me or is there really a lot of Toni Morrison in this book?" 4 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »