karen reyes's Reviews > Marley and Me: Life and Love With the World's Worst Dog

Marley and Me by John Grogan

Jan 23, 08

What a funny book! I loved it! I do not have dogs (allergies) but I was able to somehow relate to the images that the author portrays. Pets can be amazing to live with and be entertained by. Marley was an adorable, oversized pooch that touched my heart from the very beginning of this book. I laughed and laughed as I read about all of the crazy things this dog did, making his owners nuts! Despite his overenthusiastic love for life, Marley turned out to be more than just a pet. He was a member of the family. This book is written so well, I felt as if I was right there with Marley and his family. I had an idea of what was to come toward the end, but I remained in denial until I got there. Marley's master (the author) was able to take this naughty, yet adorable, creature and create a wonderful story that you can't put down. Loved it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Marley and Me.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ed (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ed I agree with your review...I thoroughly enjoyed listening to the cd of this book. Couldn't stop listening....makes you love dogs or your particular pet as well.

karen reyes Great. I've never listened to a book on cd, but it sounds like a great thing to do as one travels to work each day. Thanks for adding me as a friend.
Karen

Susan Kelley I agree, Karen. I was denying the inevitable as well. The ending just about killed me, and I really hated to finish the book. I just loved Marley, and saw my own pets, past and present, in all of his little deeds.