nogaboga's Reviews > The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy

The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy by John J. Mearsheimer

May 06, 08

Read in April, 2008

I put it down around page 100. I don't know what it says about me, but it was very unsettling to read, infuriating at times. Due to my background, I know the history of the region pretty well, and there were too many one-sided and very inaccurate descriptions in the book that made me uneasy, and worst - made me mistrust the writers and the way they present the facts. I was actually looking forward to a stimulating alternative historic account of the conflict, but this was TOO one-sided.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy.

Comments (showing 1-4)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 4: by Trish (new) - added it

Trish Can you recommend something that I can read as a counterweight? I am finding the book meticulous in its research, and the piling of fact upon fact quite overwhelming in support of the thesis.

message 3: by nogaboga (last edited Mar 03, 2009 07:58AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

nogaboga Sorry, can't help - I rarely read non-fiction. I do remember reading several articles online at the time, that fact-checked parts of the Mearsheimer-Walt book and found gross exaggerations, lies and speculative information in it. Try googling for those.

message 2: by Edy (new)

Edy The Case Against Israel's Enemies by Alan Dershowitz.

message 1: by Trish (new) - added it

Trish Thanks, Edy. Will be happy to have a look at it.