Paula's Reviews > Retribution Falls

F_50x66
Feb 20, 11

bookshelves: series, fantasy
Read from November 04 to 09, 2010

I've previously enjoyed science fiction by this author, particularly his Braided Path trilogy (starting with The Weavers of Saramyr) and so looked forward to 'Retribution Falls'. I wasn't disappointed, enjoying it very much even though knowing there was a sequel meant I could be relatively certain that bad things wouldn't happen to too many of the characters!

'Retribution Falls' is space opera, pure and simple - the majority of the action involves a spaceship (the Ketty Jay) and her crew, who get into all sorts of scrapes that make them a unit from originally being a disparate bunch of losers. None more so than the captain, Darian Frey, whose character covers the most distance in terms of development throughout the novel. Framed for a murder, Frey is forced to run for his and his crew's lives and figure out just how he can prove his innocence while learning to rely on the people around him, whether he likes it or not.

There's a sequel already out (Black Lung Captain) and I'm looking forward to reading it at some point; in short, as long as there's entertainment to be had from this cast of characters, I'm more than happy to follow along!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Retribution Falls.