Macie's Reviews > Season of the Witch

Season of the Witch by Natasha Mostert

Nov 03, 10

Read in September, 2010

A truly awful book. I have never been so conscious of the actual words on the page; this story was so clunky I was at least a quarter of the way into the book before I could get past the writing and start comprehending it as a story. It was given to me by someone who thought I would like it. I think I should be insulted. Everyone is super-sexy and characters actually have names like Morrighan and Minnaloushe. The whole thing is just embarrassing. I don't recommend it for anyone over the age of 13. The sad thing is, there was potential for an interesting story about memory palaces.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Season of the Witch.

message 1: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Glad I didn't recommend it and I'll pass on reading it:)....like how strong your comments were! Don't know that I'll read the memoir of a feminist militant either though, b/c if you felt like you should be doing more...I don't want to feel guilty afterward:) HOpe to see you in the future...you should consider coming to one of our book group meetings....it would be fun to hear your thoughts in person!

Macie Hi Stephanie, please let me know when your book group meetings are--I've been thinking of joining one!

message 3: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Macie!
We just met today in fact at Gone Wired--we read One Thousand White Women...interesting...Anyway we're meeting again at Gone Wired Sun. Feb. 27th at 2pm at Gone Wired and we're reading The Hunger Games--guess its one in a trilogy written for young adults but others are catching it. In March meeting Sat. 26th at 12:30 at the Soup Spoon, book undecided.

Saw Summer-she helped me out w/ a mannequin so I could sell my prom dress at She Laughs:) Said you were looking at Graphic Design work...would be great to see you...she also told me you moved! Then read a nice quote from her about Old Town...anyway please join us! Stephanie