Theresa Walter's Reviews > Come Be My Light: The Private Writings of the Saint of Calcutta

Come Be My Light by Mother Teresa

F_50x66
Nov 03, 10

I loved this book. I was very surprised that for almost 50 years she felt nothing. In this godless time that we live in, it was good to know that she went through this herself. For her to have experienced such a closeness to Jesus and then to lose it was very painful for her, yet she continued to live her life for Him. I had no idea that most all the saints went through this darkness and was considered to be for them what Jesus felt when he was abandoned to die on the cross for us. She said she was unwanted, unloved, and alone. He promised her if she would answer His call to help the poor and dying, that he would provided the means. I had no idea how many homes she opened up for the sick, homeless, and dying all over the world until I read this book. He kept his promise. You must read this book to the end to understand why she continued to receive Holy Communion,attend retreats, etc., when she felt nothing from any of it. The contradiction isn't understandable unless you read to the end. Her letters tell that in this godless time you can see Jesus if you look in the eyes of those who are suffering. It was the only time she felt His presence. Great read and a book I will read again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Come Be My Light.