Trix's Reviews > Bran's Story

Bran's Story by Maculategiraffe

Nov 23, 14

bookshelves: mm-novels, slave
Read from November 17 to 19, 2010

It was a nice book. But somehow, I was expecting more.

The rating is subjective, so hope the more avid readers won't dislike it. [spoiler ahead]I expected that the first 1/3 of the book would construct the background of the story and set in place the main characters. But that was not the case. It was a mingle of all (or almost all the characters) that appear in the book and an even more confusing history of how they came to be. This kind of elaboration for supporting characters would have worked for a larger story, where each had their 15 minutes glory. In such a short story, it seemed rushed. And Holden's emotional trail throughout the story pretty much left me baffled. With only 10 pages or so before the end, I get a glimpse that he is in love/denial with Bran and therefore, decides to keep him. By that time, I was already expecting Bran to runaway and find his actual true love.

But Bran's emotions were well portrayed. Each character was nicely drawn, each with their own quirks that made for a nice read. I was glad the story had a HEA, though not exactly the kind that I imagined.[end spoiler]
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bran's Story.

11/18/2010
60.0% "9 out of 15 chapters"