Purlewe's Reviews > Celandine

Celandine by Steve Augarde

Jul 21, 2011

bookshelves: anglophile, fantasy, fiction
Read from July 15 to 21, 2011

This is a wonderful story of the Various. There are 2 tales in this book. One is of the Ickri and their journey back to the Naiad to find the Orbis and reunite the Touchstone with it. The other of Celandine, which starts out as a little girl who fell down the hill during the Coronation party. While laying in the shade she first spies the Various in the trees.

The story follows Celandine while she is tormented in a horrible boarding school (being Austrian during WW1 was no picnic, but this school was already horrible before that!) She finally runs away to the Various.. who keep her safe and care for her.. until the day the warring tribe of Ickri show up. Then all falls over into confusion.

I won't give anything away after this.. but this 2nd book really keeps you interested to read the 3rd book. I am now searching to find myself a copy and find out the conclusion!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Celandine.

07/19/2011 page 250
50.0% "This is just as good as book 1"

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Purlewe Lily wrote: "I can't find the third book any where! Do you know where they might have it? It is such a good trilogy!!!!!!"

I will admit, it was hard to find! Not as popular here in the states I think as it was in Britain where the author lives. I think I ordered it thru abe books or some other place that got it for me from the UK. But I just googled and saw it on Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Good luck!