Bree's Reviews > Lean Mean Thirteen

Lean Mean Thirteen by Janet Evanovich

Feb 16, 08

bookshelves: adverturous-romance, chick-lit, fluff
Read in February, 2008

This is the current latest book in Janet Evanovich's series about bounty hunter Stephanie Plum. I still really wish she'd pick a man although it seems like she's leaning towards Morelli (thank goodness), but that could switch in the next book.

Although this has some crack up outloud scenes and one liners in it...it is basically the same as all her other books. Slightly different people who Stephanie is chasing and who are trying to kill her w/ Morelli and Ranger trying to keep her alive. Lulu is there as fashion consultant too and Stephanie once again gets her hair burned in a fire and yet again her car is smashed. And really...how many times can guns go off and no one calls the police really happen. Stephanie's grandma is still going to funerals, swearing like a sailor and looking for men and carrying a gun in her purse...so she hasn't changed much, but I really don't expect that to happen. The exploding beavers are a new thing though.

It's one of those series that doesn't require a lot of thought but can be funny so it hits that spot of completely pointless so it's good for a break from real books. But i think i'm at the end of my rope here, i just feel like all the stories are just recycled and it just isn't really doing it for me like the first few books in the series, which i thought were hysterical...course i could have just been reading them late at night.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lean Mean Thirteen.