Eva Leger's Reviews > Heartbreak of a Hustler's Wife

Nov 03, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: b-urban-fiction, preqs-seqs-series
Read from May 19 to 25, 2011

I don't know why I didn't review this when I read it. Now I don't remember enough to get in depth. I'll go with what I remember but be forewarned - it won't be much.
The editing was about what you'd expect. It's far from the worst I've seen and also not up to par with the average edited books out there.
I feel that Turner would have been better off keeping this to a 1 or 2 book minumum instead of the 3 or 4 books it actually is. While I do love the characters and enjoyed reading about them the story just wasn't there to merit 4 books. I can't wait for authors to get off of the series kick. Leave it to only writing a series when it's called for.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heartbreak of a Hustler's Wife.

05/19/2011 page 1
0.0% "continuation of the series/for a friend... I really hope this is the end of the series, if it's not, I may just make this my own personal end..." 4 comments
05/24/2011 page 42
19.0% "first mistake popped out on pg. 11... not sure this'll be up to par w/ the others and it's damn sure not the last. Again. May be the last for me."

message 1: by Tasha (new) - added it

Tasha Did you enjoy this story! I checked it out but havents started to read it yet!!

message 2: by Eva (new) - rated it 3 stars

Eva Leger How weird. I usually add in some sort of review but must have forgot for this one.
I did like it. Turner is one of the two first urban fiction writers I ever read and I've liked her since I found Riding Dirty on I-95.
This wasn't her best IMO but it's worth reading if you've followed the series. I wish the characters had maybe only been in two books instead of 3/4. Sometimes I think authors take series way too far but that's just me - so many people seem to love long series. Let me know how you like it!