Rebecca's Reviews > Organizing Solutions for People With Attention Deficit Disorder: Tips and Tools to Help You Take Charge of Your Life and Get Organized

Organizing Solutions for People With Attention Deficit Disorder by Susan C. Pinsky

Nov 12, 10

Read in November, 2010

So I didn't realize, when I picked this book up at the library, that it is for people with ADD. So imagine my initial skepticism, then alarm, then giddy delight at seeing my very house-- nay, my very SELF-- described on every page.

The utensils fornicating in the jammed drawer! The avalanche of mismatched tupperware and yogurt containers raining upon the head of any who dares open the cupboard! The stacks and duplicates of Things saved just in case!

The author's solutions are fantastically practical and user-friendly. Basically 1. Reduce inventory via BRUTAL purging and 2. have a place for everything and 3. minimize steps. Take lids off of bins, take doors off of cupboards, take toilet paper rolls off of spring-loaded booby traps. Also, establish routines, and have realistic expectations.

And I am quite happy to know that I am not hopelessly disorganized, lazy, or slack-jawed. I just have ADD! Yaaaaaaay!!!!!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Organizing Solutions for People With Attention Deficit Disorder.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Betty (new)

Betty Ahhhh! Now you can relax: a diagnosis for everything and everything with a diagnosis!