LVLMLeah's Reviews > Enticement

Enticement by Madelynne Ellis

Jun 19, 2011

bookshelves: erotic-romance, menage, f-m-m
Read in June, 2011

I really liked this book. No one does m/m/f ménages like Madelynne Ellis.

Kit is the character that made this story for me. I'm generally not too hot on bad boy characters, but he's written in such a way that I found him intriguing and exciting. He's got honorable qualities, while at the same time he’s not afraid to pushs the envelope with people.

I also liked the continuous thread of some deep dark secret that Kit and Ross were keeping. That's part of what kept me reading this story.

I will agree with others that the first half or 3/4 of the book is quite steamy and that it drops off. However, in my perspective, I was getting a bit tired of all the sexcapades and wanted to know the real story, what was going on with the characters outside of the sexual/romantic dynamic.

So the last half for me is when it started getting really interesting due to getting the big secret and more about what made Kit tick.

Evie is a character that I couldn't get on board with too much, although I think she fits perfectly in this story. She's just a bit too flaky with what seems like no control over her libido. But that's probably the type of female character that was needed to give this threesome a chance.

I liked Ross almost as much as Kit. He seems to be more of a beta type, more easy going and less complex than Kit. However, his softer personality was also instrumental in the three being able to work things out. Rather than Evie, he was the glue that managed to bind the three I think. I also liked that while he was into Kit, wanted Kit, it was important to him to keep things going well with Evie

The ambience of this story is quite dark, which is another trait of Ms. Ellis' writing that I really enjoy. She doesn't skirt around going into darker human emotional territory and that gives this book an edgy feel that's more appealing than the usual in ménage. To me anyway.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Enticement.