Lani's Reviews > Second Summer of the Sisterhood

Second Summer of the Sisterhood by Ann Brashares

Mar 03, 08

bookshelves: chicklit, kids, own
Read in February, 2008

I wasn't terribly impressed with the first book, but I was interested enough in the characters to want to read more. I am so glad I did!

This book seemed more realistically teenaged-girl, both the good and bad. The girls had to face things in their lives that they could avoid as children, and came out stronger.

Though other people criticized the way that Bee changed, I thought it was actually a pretty accurate depiction of a girl hurt by her early sexual experience. Teenagers experiment with their appearance and stereotype all the time, and Bee did not have a family to try to steer her course.

For whatever reason this book just touched me in a way that the first one didn't. I like book series that age with their audience, and I think this one has really managed to do that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Second Summer of the Sisterhood.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Krista (new)

Krista This has been on my "maybe I'll read book list" for quite a while. Perhaps I'll sit down now and actually read them. . . thanks for the review.