Erica's Reviews > The Primal Teen: What the New Discoveries About the Teenage Brain Tell Us About Our Kids

The Primal Teen by Barbara Strauch

Nov 08, 10

bookshelves: non-fiction, adult
Read from November 02 to 08, 2010

This is a really readable book for anyone who works with or has teenagers. All about teen brain development and the discoveries that scientists are making that can explain why teens naturally may act a certain way and ways in which we can react helpfully.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Primal Teen.

message 1: by Ms Smith (new)

Ms Smith I should read this book. It would help with my job! Teens scare me!

Erica haha exactly! teens scare us all, and yeah it's really good. full of good information, definitely parts to simply scan. but it really helps.

message 3: by Ms Smith (new)

Ms Smith How are you getting along?

Erica i got a job in victoria, tx! a job that i'm excited about, but not really the area. it's a pretty part of texas, but it's still texas. how are you doing? are you guys liking bristol?

message 5: by Ms Smith (new)

Ms Smith Oh that's fantastic! What is the job? Is it working with teens or children? Oh I'm very happy for you! At least it's a nice part of Texas. I am good. Job is ticking over nicely on my part but Will is super stressed out as he has exams in 2 weeks whilst working full time too. It should calm down after Christmas! Bristol is lovely - a lot of wildlife - we found a newt in the garden and there are lots of jays too. It was real frosty on my cycle in to work today and everything looked beautiful. So yeah, Bristol is awesome and feels very 'right'.