Melissa's Reviews > Afterlife

Afterlife by Claudia Gray

4019493
Aug 17, 11

Read in November, 2010

Afterlife marks the riveting conclusion to the love story that began in Evernight. Having become what they feared most, Bianca and Lucas face a terrifying new reality: Lucas is a vampire, and Bianca is a wraith. They've overcome every obstacle life has thrown at them, but is their love strong enough to survive the challenges after life?

I was lucky to receive an ARC copy of Afterlife. I've read it in one night and thought it was okay. Not as good as the third one which I totally loved and is by far my favorite.

Afterlife kicks off right after where the big cliffhanger in book #3 left us. In Afterlife, Bianca and Lucas are trying to pass all the barries of what they are that might tear them apart. There is action in each chapter and also romance. Questions are answered, obviously. New chararacters are introduced. One in particulary I was interested to know more about and felt that Claudia was trying to send the message that this character was hiding something but it wasn't the time or BOOK (should I say) to show it just yet. Maybe in Baltazhar's book?

I felt like the book needed something more...but I just can't figure out what it was missing. Overall, Afterlife was an easy read that you'll like if you love the Evernight series.

And I just can't believe this is the last we'll see of Bianca and Lucas. *sighs*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Afterlife.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Melissa I too felt this book missed something. I would like to say it was 'passion' and 'emotion'. I did not FEEL as i did while reading book 3, which i agree by far was the best in the series.