Nora St Laurent's Reviews > Meander Scar

Meander Scar by Lisa J. Lickel

Jul 08, 15

Read in August, 2010

Ann Ballard’s life has been on hold since her husband vanished, leaving no clues to find him. Everyone including Ann presumes he’s dead, even though they can’t find the body. Ann was in the middle of straightening out legal matters with her husband’s family and the Ballard family trust! The trust hasn’t been settled because her husband, Gene Ballard, can’t be found.

To Ann’s surprise, young Mark Roth shows up at her house one day. He lived next door, moved away to become an attorney, now he was back in town to pursue the woman he loved!

Mark's relationship with Ann might have a few complications, but he was sure he could work out the kinks. He’d been in love with Ann Ballard for many years, "He didn’t have a problem dating an older woman but would Ann consider dating a younger man? – There was also the current state of her marriage to consider!"

Mark felt this about the age issues, “Age isn’t necessarily that important in a relationship…stage of life means more.” He felt the need to convince Ann of his sincere love for her.

Lisa Lickel deals with the issue of a younger man dating an older woman on many levels; how they deal with this issue with friends, family and as a couple.

Mark wants to help Ann with many things in her life, and settling the trust with the Ballard family would help get Ann out of the rut her life had been in for many years. Once the trust was settled, she could move on with her life.

Mark lets life take its course and love starts to bloom in Ann’s heart for Mark. Ann realizes for the first time how much of a rut she was in and how numb her heart was. Mark brings sunshine into her life. All looks bright until new information about her missing husband turns up! Is it real? What would happen to the trust? How was she to get to the bottom of this new discovery? She had to know!

This author pens a slice of life while strongly discussing issues of relationships with younger men/older women, husband/wife and family. The story takes quick twists and turns near the end, where all the events take place in a short period of time. If you are looking for a different type of love story with an unexpected twist, this is the book for you! I am thankful for receiving a review copy of this intriguing book.

Disclosure of Material Connection:
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”

Nora St.Laurent
The Book Club Network
The Book Club Network blog
Book Fun Magazine
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Meander Scar.

Shawna Williams I loved the depth of the characters in this book. Lisa really did a great job!