Cassandra's Reviews > Falling From Grace

Falling From Grace by S.L. Naeole

Apr 04, 14

bookshelves: favorites
Read from March 03, 2011 to April 04, 2014

You can view more of my reviews at http://yareaderextraordinaire.blogspo...

“Before I succumbed to the sweet lull of his voice, I made one last request. "Stay". I was asleep before he could answer, but in my dreams I heard him reply "Forever."”

Falling from Grace was the first book I read written by S. L. Naeole. Man oh man! She is a fantastic writer! Grace Shelley is the school reject. She is described, by herself, as ugly. (I've read a few reviews where they are all "its unrealstic to have someone gorgeous ugly fall in love with someone ugly. Wrong. How shallow can you people be? Seriously. I consider myself ugly, but my gorgeous boyfriend says I am beautiful.) Grace is probably not ugly as she thinks she is, but kids at school ridicule her for being different. (I can relate. Big time.) She is different and she never seems to fit in any where except with her best friend, Graham. Then she confesses her love for him, and he ends the friendship for some sleeze. Typical. After weeks of being depressed and no one to turn to the first day of school has arrived. To Grace, this is the worst day to be alive. She has face Graham, his sleeze and her friends and the rest of the school. How will she stay out of the depressed mood, and survive without so much as a tear. It seems hopeless. Until she meets the hunky new guy, Robert. That when her world is turn upside down, or right side up. (Tomatoe, tomotoe; half full, half empty.)

This book was a handful in the good and bad way. I'm not bashing the author or the book, it was just a lot of emotions that would consume you. I loved how Naeole's writing could do that, but along with Grace, it was tough to live with such strong emotions, and mix in a gorgeous, deadly, angel and you have yourself a pickle. The characters were amazing. The only character I could have done without was Graham. I hated him since he hurt Grace, and thought I wouldn't have forgave him so easily and would have beaten up his sleezy girlfriend for being such a bitch! Grace is an emotional girl with a lot of issues, Robert seems to come in and helps her with these emotions and then all of a sudden he is the cause of these emotions. The way she handled the news he was an angel was unrealistic. I would have freaked, but to Grace it seemed odd, but she took it as normal as possible. Too normal if you ask me. Some of the situations in the book seemed unrealistic at times, but over all the story was fantastic.

My favorite scene in the novel is a cliff hanger, so I can't really say much about it, but man was it a tear jerker. Poor Grace, and poor Robert. I just couldn't understand at first why all that was being said but then it all made sense once they explained it. I know, I know, you have no idea what the hell I am talking about. Read the book and you'll find out, (HINT: Its after the holloween festival :))

Overall, it was amazing and I would highly recommend this to anyone. You need to read this!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Falling From Grace.

Quotes Cassandra Liked

S.L. Naeole
“Robert, I’m sorry that you feel so strange, but I’m not sorry that you’re feeling it because of me,” I whispered, my heart feeling a familiar twinge as I continued, “but even if you hadn’t felt it, it would not change the way I feel about you.”

S.L. Naeole
And here, in thought, to thee-in thought that can alone, Ascend thy empire and so be partner of thy throne, By Winged fantasy, my embassy is given, till secrecy shall knowledge be in the environs of Heaven.

S.L. Naeole

I was asleep before he could answer, but in my dreams I heard him reply forever.”

S.L. Naeole
“It's my heart. It is the same as yours.

I shook my head. No it isn't. Your heart has beaten for fifteen hundred years--and will continue to beat for at least another fifteen hundred--while mine will be lucky to beat for as long as Ellie's has.

He kissed my hair and then pressed his cheek against my head. I will see to it that it beats for as long as possible.”

03/08
03/08
28.0% "Eh. I still don't know. This book is already a rollercoaster. The one I don't like. Too much at once is happening right now. Sigh."
04/04 marked as: currently-reading