Lindsay's Reviews > Silence

Oct 09, 11

bookshelves: cover-lust, all-time-favorites, books-i-own
Read from October 08 to 09, 2011

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

OH MY GOD! This was amazing!

After reading Crescendo and being left with the world's worst cliffhanger, I dreaded having to wait a year for the final book of the series. But as Friday came along and I FINALLY snagged my copy, a few interesting things happened.

1) I learned that there was going to be a FOURTH BOOK! IT CONTINUES! MORE PATCH! XDDD

2) I finally read the synopsis. For a whole year I did not even click on the page of Silence. No idea why.

3) My eternal love for Patch grew tenfold. Nuff said.

This book was fantastic! The first book will always be my favorite because of how they first met but Silence definitely surpassed my expectations. I was not crazy about Crescendo even though it was well written but this book...argh it killed me. In a really good way.

I was surprised by how different Nora was. The changes in her made me sad but at the same time, they made her stronger. I mean, for god sakes she had amnesia. And I have to say, she went through so much pain and drama when really, all she wanted to do was be with Patch.

Now before I start spewing I love Patch speeches I must say how much I DESPISE Hank Millar, a.k.a. Marcie's dad. After everything he did, I kept thinking 'Okay but Nora's still his daughter. It can't possibly get any worst.' Nope! Hank is a bastard and he deserved what he got in the end. He is plain and simple a monster.

Now...Patch. Jev. Sex god almighty. God how I dream you were real. You are just so perfect. Yes, he does have a lot of secrets still but I fully trust him after the last book's fiasco. He just loves Nora so much and this book really proves it. Not so much in the first quarter of the book, but definitely later. I will enjoy reading his sexiness yet again.

I found myself annoyed yet again with Vee. Usually, I fall in love with the main character's partner in crime but I just couldn't do it. Vee is just too much. I tried to like her in the book and at first I really did. But then all I saw was a lie. And then another lie. And then another lie. Marcie...there's just no hope for this girl. Inside, I was hoping she was going to change but it seemed almost pathetic how easily she was manipulated. I do like Nora's mom. At first she bugged me with her indifference, but then I realized how much of a victim she was in this whole messed up situation.

Overall I LOVED this book. The plot was amazing, fast paced, and well written. And the romance...yum! I unfortunately read the book too fast because I was so excited to read it and now I am dreading the fact that I will have to wait another damn year for the (final?) book in the series. I'm honestly glad this isn't the end even though I feel writers do draw out series too much. But after reading Silence, I have complete faith in Fitzpatrick. I only wish the due date came faster!

Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silence.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Emily I know. I wish it would be published early.

message 2: by Lindsay (last edited May 16, 2011 02:16PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lindsay Don't we all? :)

MISS VAIN I have it, but Im really engrossed in finishing a series right now and then this is my next stop. Love Patch *sigh*

Lindsay Well hurry up with this series! Seriously. You will without a doubt fall in love with Patch again. He is so utterly amazing in this series, this book is just so amazing. More amazing than Crescendo, trust me :D

MISS VAIN Great to hear because I loved Crescendo!!! By this time next week I should be already reacquainted with my bad boy Patch. ;-)

Lindsay Oh gosh...just thinking about what happened. You need to get on this. You HAVE to tell me what you think about this book as soon as you finish reading. Seriously.

MISS VAIN LOL!!! Lindsay I totally will. Promise. As soon as I finish Sirantha Jax series I'm starting Silence immediately! I love Patch and I have a feeling I will love this book too.;)

Lindsay Good. Because I loved this series so much. Damn, I think I'm gonna read it all over again...

Galina I have to read this as soon as possible!!

Lindsay Yes you do!!! As soon as you finish Chain Reaction!

message 11: by Hydrogen (new)

Hydrogen Carbonate Hmm, I've read all three so far, and though they've been alright, nothing has taken my breath away. I hope this one changes my mind. Your review was very insightful.

MISS VAIN Lindsay-I just finished this morning and I absolutely LOVED IT!!!!!! Patch is amazingly gorgeous! *sigh*

Mikala Awesome review, I completely agree with, like, everything you said. Except for one thing. On the subject of the WORST cliffhanger endings, Crescendo was definitely not the worst. Dead to You has the worst cliffhanger ending in the universe. Lol but yeah, really awesome review! :)

Lindsay Whose Dead to You by? And yes I agree Crescendo's cliffhanger is definitely not the worst. One of the most recent painful cliffhangers I read was the ending of Under the Never Sky.

Flora (Adrenaline spoilt.) Is this all about Patch? *glares at Patch who stares indifferently at me* Seriously? So... all of you like these books cuz there's a sexy bastard in the story? Okay... Hard to believe, but okay... But don't you find him cliche? For I do...

Lindsay Well actually MyNameIsFloRa-NiCe(Vengeance is Sweet, if you read my review, you would know that Patch is not the only thing I like in this series because I spoke about the writing, the plot, Nora, Vee, Hank Millar and my love for this series. I don't just read a book because of a 'sexy bastard' and while some might find him cliche, I happen to enjoy him a lot in this series. Not trying to be rude or anything.