Patty's Reviews > Private

Private by James Patterson

Nov 02, 10

bookshelves: audiobooks, readin10
Read in November, 2010

A private detective agency that solves some pretty nasty crimes that the police can't or won't be able to solve is bound to be a good story. However, somewhere in there we are also dealing with the main character, Jack’s, regular wartime nightmares, a prank caller who calls him every morning and says very ominously “You’re Dead”, his clearly unhinged identical twin brother AND with his commitment issues with the employee he’s screwing and his ultimate regret for dumping the girl he used to screw. Geesh! Too much information!

Although the credit is in very small font, this book was "co-authored" by Maxine Paetro. It must be that one night the two authors got together and just thought up as many plots and characters as they could and then went to their separate corners and began writing. I'm sure this is probably just the beginning of another Patterson series.

Regardless of the depth of the writing, it was entertaining and kept moving. Luckily, many Patterson books can be found for free at Libraries or nearly free at garage sales. I enjoy reading, or in this case listening to, a Patterson mystery but I wouldn't actually pay the cover price for one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Private.