Camille-Dhark Nytmhare's Reviews > Crossing Borders

Crossing Borders by Z.A. Maxfield

Jul 26, 11

bookshelves: brokeback, read-in-2010, erotica, kindle, books-i-reviewed, kindle-lendable
Read from December 06 to 08, 2010

This book came highly recommended in the M/M category as a stepping stone into the gay genre of books. It is the second book that I have read that was about a gay relationship.

This book was so good. The reason this book make a great intro to M/M fiction is that we are eased into the relationship just as Tristan's is. I was initially hesitant because of the age difference.
Tristan's character is on a skateboard pouting because he got a ticket for riding without a helmet. The police officer who gave him the ticket has had an attraction to Tristan for a while. What am I supposed to think?

There is so much more going on. Tristan is the man of the house. He is incredibly responsible and family oriented. He is insightful, intelligent and observant. He has what I call an old soul. One whose life's experiences has made them grow up before their time.

Tristan's coming out is a great experience. His revelation to his family is trouble free and he is surrounded by acceptance and lots of humor. Unlike reality where gay men are sometimes disowned and ridiculed.

We do not fully get Michael's story. He is a mystery in the story. But one thing is clear, He adores Tristan. The storyline is centered around Tristan. We follow his emotional walk and growing love for Michael. There is not much more to the story except the very sweet romance and a few emotional twists.

The romance feels so right. The sex is so hot. There are no words to describe it. It is unlike anything that I have read. Because it is sex between two males, I see it as new and exciting. The sexual sensations described are different from a heterosexual couple. In the context of the deep love between 2 men...WOW. You can really get deeply involved in their orgasms.

All in all. The is an uncomplicated romance that I hope you are able to see it for what it is. 2 people deeply in love who merge their souls.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crossing Borders.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee my only problem with this book and i'm hoping it will be explored more in the sequal that was released this week, was that Micahel gives up his job at the end and its just like, ehh...but other that that, I loved it...although I think the cover could go down as one of the worst ones ever!