Mary Grace's Reviews > The Replacement

The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff

4202510
Nov 21, 10

I didn't know what to expect when I picked The Replacement in my list for reads. The cover definitely gave me an idea of what the book and I know that I would enjoy this just basing on that cover. I read The Replacement early in the morning and finished it in the afternoon. That's how easy to read The Replacement is in spite the fact that the story is focused with an eerie story and creepy plot.

I was not let down by the book. I loved it from beginning to end. Though at times I was lost with the story because I have not read a lot about changelings. What I love about the book is the fact that it was balanced in a way that the book contains a heavy and dark story but the love and humanistic approach of Makie and everyone around him evened it out. I was awed of how Yovanoff wrote Makie to be different but in spite the knowledge of being different, Makie's friends and family still love him and cared for him.

I just felt that the book needed a little more. I am not sure what that 'little more' should be but it can definitely need something. The story was great. The characters were well written. For Yovanoff's first novel, this is a success! Looking forward to reading more of her future novel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Replacement.