Katie's Reviews > B is for Burglar

B is for Burglar by Sue Grafton

Mar 21, 11

bookshelves: borrowed-from-the-library, collections, fl, fl-vacation-fall-2010, series, fl-spring-2011, for-a-challenge
Read from March 20 to 21, 2011, read count: 1

I read this book for several reasons: 1)I own all of this woman's works up through "T" and feel I must "get to it already." 2)It's for a challenge (three different challenges, actually!). 3)I'm on vacation and I'm frustrated by how few books I've finished and this one was a shortie.

While I am getting to like the character of Kinsey Millhone better in this second installment, I was pretty pissed by the way Ms. Grafton ended the thing. I had this one nailed from about 35 pages in and because of that I kind of lost interest for the last two-thirds of the book. It certainly was an easy read (probably could have done in half a day if I could have stayed focused on it) but not all that interesting. I'd like a little more meat to the story and a less obvious plot so I can get more into the story. I will probably keep reading the series, but don't foresee really recommending these books to anyone...and I certainly won't be buying any more of them...I can just get them from the library instead of spending good money on a so-so story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read B is for Burglar.

03/20/2011 page 104

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Dara S. Keep going with the series. I think Grafton has gotten to be a much better writer as time has gone on. Some of the early ones are so so.