Rick Humphreys's Reviews > Raising the Dead: A Doctor Encounters the Miraculous

Raising the Dead by Chauncey W. Crandall

M_50x66
Nov 01, 10

Read in October, 2010 — I own a copy

I enjoyed reading and contemplating the true story of Dr. Crandall and his family living through an extremely difficult journey of emotional and spiritual devastation, followed by a phenomenal, yet difficult transformation to highly faithful believers .

The love for a son, and the determination to do anything to have him healed was inspiring.

The book was well written. He starts with a miraculous raising of the dead, which certainly grabbed my attention, and then he went back to the beginning of the story, when he learned that one of his sons was diagnosis of Leukemia. Thus begun a spiritual journey, with many situations and events that challenged his family’s faith, and took them down the difficult quest for the spiritual answers and divine intervention and healing.

I am not evangelical by nature, so in some ways I didn’t connect with some of the paths that he followed and the public healing he performed, but I do respect his determination to seek guidance and a measure of God’s power to help others. Once he found himself being able to call upon God’s power to help others, his focus was more on helping them to come to Christ, rather than simply healing their bodies.

I was able to learn more about faith, and submitting to God’s will. “Not My Will, but Thine, Be Done”. This has helped me in my journey.

A couple of days ago I learned that my sister-in-law's rare cancer has started to get out of control, with no proven medical cure to rely on. We are relying on faith in the Lord's blessings, combined with the only medical treatment available for her condition.

I recommend this to anyone who seeks to have faith, or seeks to increase their faith in God's power and His desire to bless our lives as we seek Him.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Raising the Dead.