Antonio's Reviews > How to Disappear Completely

How to Disappear Completely by David Bowick

Nov 16, 2010

bookshelves: stuff-i-didn-t-think-i-d-like
Read from November 13 to 16, 2010

I started this book not knowing exactly what I was reading thinking it was comedy. By the time I realised what I got into, It too late, This bastard tricked my into reading Romance. The first few chapters did have their funny moments then the story slowly started to take a slightly different direction.

The Author teased us a bit with what fact Josh seemed to be able to see into the future (dreaming about things before they happen). This was a bit out of place for the type of story this is, and I almost felt I was back in my familiar SciFi comfort zone. Pity it didn't work to warn him that his X was cheating on him.

Some of the things that happened to Josh was very unfortunate and I found myself being very emotionally stimulated by some of the scenarios that played out with him. The revelation that his almost wife to be – Allison – was cheating on him, refused his proposal due to that fact, actually got me angry.

I found that with every chapter I just wanted to continue reading and did and I wasn't bored once. After reading this I've got an entirely different view on this genre. Personally I'd recommend it for a quick read, its simple, short, well written, oh and it's free.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Disappear Completely.