Brittany's Reviews > Bloodthirsty

Bloodthirsty by Flynn Meaney

Nov 09, 2010

bookshelves: vampire, young-adult, wishlist, drugs-alcohol

Finbar Frame can never get a girl. He knows it's because he's so pale (allergic to the sun), scrawny and nerdy. When a girl approaches him on the subway though, she ends up changing his life. She seems to be in love with the idea of vampires. She finds them swoon-worthy. Finbar notices that this is the case with many of his female schoolmates and then he knows how he will get girls. Finbar Frame will become a vampire.

This was a very fun novel, with many laugh-out-loud moments. I loved Finbar and all his lack of self confidence. This lack of self confidence goes away though when he pretends to be a vampire, because all the things he hated about himself are the very things that make him vampire-esque. I also liked how awkward his brother was, even though everyone fawned over him. I think Finbar and his brother were more similar than they realized. This was a great light read that deals with the issue of being yourself. Finbar was a great character (and a great name) and he really represented insecure teen males quite perfectly. Definitely check out this debut novel, it was well worth it for the laughs.

First Line:
"'Turn me,' Jenny demanded, looking up at me, her eyes so intense they could have bored me into the brick wall behind me."

Favorite Line:
"While I was often moody and irritated and prone to shutting myself in my closet, displaying many signs of a future serial killer, Luke was always moving, smiling, always happy, always busy."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloodthirsty.

11/01/2010 page 240