Ali Tehrani's Reviews > Memoirs Of A Mangy Lover

Memoirs Of A Mangy Lover by Groucho Marx

U_50x66
Nov 01, 10

I really love Groucho Marx. I've spent hours youtube-ing as many of his interviews I could find, just to get a taste of his sharp-cheddar tongue and unparalleled wit. In fact, I went out to get this book right after I saw a clip of him plugging it on some T.V. show. I expected this book to by funny and to have his trademark wit. But, I was disappointed. I think the book's preface says something about how the reader is likely to be disappointed; Groucho knew his audience. For a set of memoirs, the book reveals shockingly little about Groucho Marx or his insights on life or really any subject at all. And though it's over 200 pages, there aren't really many very laughs. Still, it's an amazingly easy to read book; if you want to pass the time while waiting in line at the DMV or at the emergency room of a hospital or something, this is a book that'll occupy your time, at no point annoy you, keep you mildly amused, and which you'll probably finish just as your time in the waiting room comes to an end.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Memoirs Of A Mangy Lover.