Danna's Reviews > Crash Into Me

Crash Into Me by Albert Borris

Nov 01, 10

bookshelves: owned

I really enjoyed reading Ellen Hopkins’s novel Crank so I decided to try another story that fell into the same genre. Crash Into Me was a great read and I’m glad I got it!
The characters were brilliantly written. Each of them had their own stories and even though the book was told in Owen’s POV, I felt like Frank, Audrey, and Jin-Ae were narrating as well. I have to say that Audrey was my favorite character because she spoke her mind. Also, she helped the other characters overcome their fears.
I loved how they went on a road trip and visited the graves of Superstars who had committed suicide. Albert Borris must’ve done a lot of research because there were some stars that even I didn’t know who had killed themselves. I also liked how Borris incorporated that into the story and had the characters find something in them from that without bogging it down.
Overall, Crash Into Me is definitely a book you want to pick up if you like raw stories like Crank by Ellen Hopkins or Give a Boy a Gun by Todd Strasser. The Cover is cool too and it actually shows a lot of things that have to do with the book.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crash Into Me.