Wendy Ann's Reviews > No Going Home

No Going Home by T.A. Chase

4291941
Sep 25, 11

bookshelves: app-ereader, career-cowboys, series, theme-first-time, sex-partner-mm
Read from September 23 to 24, 2011

After reading lots of angsty books, sometimes it’s nice to find one that’s just plain sweet and without a lot of conflict. This one was that and more! This is a book about perseverance, about accepting yourself (being comfortable in your own skin and not letting others disrespect you), about finding your true home, and about unconditional love (and let’s not forget – hot cowboys!).

Prior to the beginning of this story, Les dealt with a life-altering accident and emerged a stronger and more confident man. Through his display of strength, support and love, he was able to help Randy get over his fear of being a closeted gay cowboy and into an open relationship he grew to relish. I really connected with these characters and loved the positive messages being subtly broadcast as the story progressed. There were a couple of plot points that seemed extraneous and didn’t add a lot of value to the story, but they didn’t really detract anything either. I just really found it heartwarming to read a story about a relationship that clicked and continued to grow without lots of doubts, lack of communication or stupid actions.

I know this is the first book of a series, so I’m very much looking forward to reading more about some of the other characters in this setting!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Going Home.