Mary Jane's Reviews > Inside Delta Force: The Story of America's Elite Counterterrorist Unit

Inside Delta Force by Eric L. Haney

Jan 18, 2008

Read in February, 2008

I really enjoyed reading this book. Eric Haney, the author, makes everyone very personable. I feel like I went through these experiences with him. He is one of the original members of Delta Force. The first half of the book is in the "trying-out" for Delta Force and training. I am so impressed with him and what he was able to do. I felt like I was learning how the fictional Jason Bourne character would have been trained. It is an incredible read. It was also interesting to read about actual missions Haney went on--failed or succeeded. He explains his feelings of being used as a pawn for politicians/CIA in certain missions. What an incredible man. It is very informative, but shows his modest/humble/intelligent insights on terrorism.

There is bad language--because it is a military book. There is more in the first half of the book during the training. Once he gets into missions, I don't remember any bad language. There is less dialogue and more description about the missions. Eventhough it has bad language (I don't remember the "f" bomb), I recommend it. I just want to give full discloser. :)

I give it five stars. I would read it again. I mentioned Jason Bourne, but it isn't a thriller by any means. There are moments that it is very intense, but it is all REAL. It isn't meant to read like a thriller. Loved it. Love the author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inside Delta Force.

message 1: by Allison (new)

Allison Nicht notwendig I have been dying to read this book too. Let me know how you like it. I am anxious to know.