Heather's Reviews > Dewey's Nine Lives

F 50x66
Nov 08, 2010

liked it
Read from October 31 to November 05, 2010

Everyone knows that I am a sucker for cats and kittens, and it doesn't stop with the animals. I love to read stories of people and their love for their fur-babies. I have always been owned by at least one cat, and do not see a change in that status in my near future. To read about the love and adoration that one has for their little furry children always warms my heart and I can almost always find a link between what they are telling and my own personal experience with my cats. So naturally, when I saw this book I knew it was one I would read. That being said, I was a little disappointed in this book. Sure the stories were about other cats which I knew when I began to read the book, what I didn't know was that the author would tell most of the stories as an outsider looking in, and felt that she was on the edge of making light of the love some of the cat owners had for their animals. Almost as if she was the only one to love or be loved by a cat. The book had an odd tone through-out it, and I found myself a little annoyed with the author at several parts of the book. As I said, the stories themselves were heart-warming and again prove that there is no love on Earth like that from a pet, and cats and kittens can be very affectionate with their humans, but I was disappointed in the book overall. I loved the original story of Dewey, and was hoping to read the stories of other cats who loved and changed the lives of their people in much the same way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dewey's Nine Lives.